Article of the Month: Integrity in the Workplace
- Work when you are supposed to and save socializing, snacking, searching the Internet and personal phone calls for break time.
- Turn in the extra change you found in the soda or snack vending machine.
- Show respect to co-workers with appropriate conversation and empathy.
- If you are in management, keep your employees informed so they will know what is coming and what needs to be done.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Be responsible. Do what you say you will do.
- Use materials for work and not personal use.
- If you make a mistake and a team’s project gets messed up or you miss a deadline, own up to your mistake. Don’t let teammates take the fall.
- Work together as a team. This builds trust and shows integrity.
- Never steal supplies from the workplace.
- If you find yourself in a conflict of interest, get out of it as soon as possible.
- Don’t accept praise of acclaim for someone else’s work. That includes stealing someone’s idea or pretending to have worked on a successful project.
- When making a business deal, make sure everything is on the table and nothing was left out.
- If your company asks you to do something against your personal code of conduct, refuse. If it means losing a good paying job, so be it. Find a more ethical company to work for.
Shared by Leaguat Ali Khan, Manager, Training & Audit (Human Resources) of Harta Maintenance Sdn Bhd